We are currently looking for a Worship Leader
The Worship Leader will be used of God to encourage the entire family of faith at Community Heights Church in a lifestyle of worship. The Worship Leader will facilitate all areas of worship.
The Worship Leader will work in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor. With input from pastors the Worship Leader will:
- Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, where people can encounter God.
- Oversee the technical aspects of worship. (sound, lights, media, staging).
- Assemble and develop worship teams that continue to lift the bar for truly excellent worship.
- Attract an increasing pool of gifted musicians who desire to be involved in worship.
- Actively be involved in mentoring and shaping the next generation in worship.
- Work closely with children’s ministry leaders to develop their worship programs.
- Being a team player who provides assistance in accomplishing the overall mission of the church.
- Praying for guidance throughout the week in preparation to lead worship.
- Song selection that corresponds with weekly sermons.
- Integrating contemporary music with traditional hymns to achieve a blended music selection.
- Scheduling weekly practices with all members of praise team.
- Ensure practices are conducted efficiently and effectively, beginning and ending on time.
- Ability to clearly layout expectations for members of the praise team.
- Arriving at church by 8:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings to make sure everything is ready.
- Attend weekly staff meetings ready to provide valuable input.
- Provide estimated figures for consideration for the annual budget.
- Oversee recording of sermons and sermon transfer to online platform.
- There will be set office hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- An unbridled passion to lead God’s people in worship.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Community Heights Church.
- Punctuality in completing assigned tasks.
- Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills.
- An engaging and gracious personality.
**We will consider both full-time and part-time candidates for this position. **Please send resume and audio/video sample to